Saturday, March 31, 2012

Success

"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck."
I've read this phrase countless times on the shirt of a good friend of mine. The first time I saw it I laughed, as I should have. Funny phrases usually draw out a chuckle.  The more I saw it the more I disagreed, until I finally flat out just started hating it. I've thought about all the times I've tried-failed, tried-failed, and then like the saying goes, the third times the charm. Pretty sure there are others out there that have tried and failed, preserver and succeed. I'm almost positive most of those people are our professors, doctors, and clergy.  Men and women that we look up to and respect, and if they suck, then we must really be sub-standard.
If at first you don't succeed then maybe you're just having a bad day. Or maybe you really do suck. I would hope that if at first you don't succeed then try again.
Now that I've torn this shirt a second neck hole, there are many shirts that make me smile.  I often read these shirts aloud to the shirt wearer, as if they don't know what they are wearing. I think they appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment