Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh Brother!

My brother Phillip, many of you who read this may have heard of  him.  Definitely one of my best friends. Many of times I've been told the only people I can count on/trust is my dad and Phil. No matter how many fights we have, we get over it, and no matter how many times I tell him I hate him I love him, and know he will always be there.  When we were little we were best friends, and then junior high era, we were bitter enemies.  As we got older we became bast friends again, stuck like glue. We've got each others's backs, indefinitely. Our tie goes way back. We even share a star, "Grandma's Angels."  We were not always angels. I can't remember the fights we've had at the time they seemed important, but looking back our little squabbles didn't amount to much more than name calling, and hitting.





 I don't know the responsibility of an older sibling, because I was always the baby. I know my parents put a lot of responsibility on my brother to watch out for me. If anything happened to me, he would ultimately be the one to get the blame. He didn't always deserve it, but there were many times I ended up with a black eye.  Rocks always seemed to be thrown by him and hit me square in the eye.  There were times, however that I walked into a black eye. One time he was swinging and I walked right into it. He has accompanied me on many adventures.                                                                                            

Hiking, hunting, and scouting out our parents. He was in charge of ensuring we made it to school on time in one piece. When I was hit by a car he helped me. I was behind him on my bike, when I was blind sided by a speeding vehicle that didn't bother stopping at a stop sign. I was struck, ruined my bike, but there was my brother on the other side of the road.  He came back and helped me, and when we got home he explained what happened.  He rode in the police car with me to find the runner and stood up for me. There are so many stories too many stories, I wish I could write them all down.
Accept it, Love it
He paved the way throughout school. He's got most of the brains, I've got the looks.  I was in his shadow a lot, and tried to find my own way, but found myself following his footsteps.  When he got sterling scholar in business, and tried out for the same position. Why? Because he got it so I should too.  However I was much better suited for science and foreign language but that never occurred to me, until I got the sterling scholar for foreign language. He was Hope of America, and awarded as an Eagle scout. He can teach any horse, buy and sell anything. Sometimes I wish I had his negotiation skills. He taught me how to swing, jump a ditch, and ride a bike, and horse.
No matter what I do he is watching out for me. He's got spunk, attitude, and someday he will be a billionaire. Someday I will work on his ranch healing thousands of horses and cows. We wouldn't be who we are today without each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment