Saturday, January 7, 2012

Guitar take one

I decided that because my brother got a guitar two years ago, I would take his small child guitar and learn to play.  Once I'm good enough, and sound professional, I will upgrade. I started one week ago, it is the seventh. I can play most chords, I can string chords together, nothing sounds too great.  I play strings and tell myself I'm learning the sounds, but I don't know what I'm doing. I go in the back and string notes to the horses and come up with lyrics, I wrote one song, but I left the lyrics at home. I'm getting it slowly.  I play the notes on the small guitar, and it sounds completely different on the big one. I need to find someone to tune it. I know J knows how to do it, I just have to get up the gumption to ask him. I'm really excited, I want to take this seriously, unlike tennis, track, the harmonica, dance....I really want to become a legit guitar player, and sing songs in coffee shops all over everywhere. I don't want to be a Taylor Swift, but I want to be the guitar playing veterinarian.  After a surgery or going to someones ranch I can charm everyone with my awesome skills. I'm pretty sure I can do it, I just have to stick with it, get my guitar tuned, and learn the right strings. So this is the first entry of the first week of my guitar playing.  I'll give or try to give a week by week journal of what's happening, and by week fifty two I should be professional, and I will get a large me size guitar.  I don't like that Phil's guitar is so big, but this one is def. too small, so somewhere in between if at all possible would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment