Saturday, February 11, 2012

No school in Logan

Here is a gist of what I've done the past couple of weeks. Past couple weeks  meaning December.
Starting with the first day of break.  Boredom plagued us once again, so Erin came over.  After watching a frightening movie with John G., Jeannie, Megan, Kim, and Erin; Kim Jeannie, Erin and I headed over to the cemetery.   Why?  Because it was super foggy, and we thought it would be epic. Not so much.  We mostly just walked around. 
The next day we went down to the airport, and then we found Rob at home depot, and made a paper mache snowman. The next couple of days we spent at Robs, met Davy J. and Wayne. Stayed at Rob's until two and three in the morning, except Wednesday we stayed until seven thirty, and I just slept on the floor.  Rob said "Jorge makes the floor look comfortable." That's my talent of being able to sleep everywhere and anywhere.  I can make even the most uncomfortable places sleepable. We went back to the dorm that morning, and were locked out.  So we slept on the couches until the office opened.  I went downstairs and saw someone from housing I recognized, so I asked him if he had a key, and would open our door.  He did, and then he asked us for a dollar. I explained that we had our keys, but they stopped working, so he didn't charge us. I showered, dressed, cleaned and then packed. Headed out around noon, dropped Erin's books off at the library.  Found out on the highway my windshield wipers were not working.  So I needed new ones, but wait...my car is old. I pulled over when I couldn't see, and put my flashers on, so as not to be a fatality. This truck pulls up behind me, and I was hoping he would stay in his car, because I knew the problem, and I just needed a new blade.  So I cleaned off my windshield, and headed to a store, needing size 18.  For my car you can only by the new blade, not the arm and everything.  Kim traded wiper sides, because the passenger side was working. I read in the manual not to use the windshield wiper fluid in the winter when your windows are cold, might be common sense but I did it anyway, which just compounded the not being able to see problem. I went about my way, and ended up at reams in Lehi, and bought a pair of boots, finally. They are camo boots, and awesome. I can't remember what I did Friday, but at night I went shopping with Phil. We went to Barnes and Noble, and I bought an Urban Dictionary, which makes me laugh every time I see  it. I just imagine my dad using some of the phrases, and its pretty priceless. We saw a bug and I told Phil that people who by bugs probably smile inside every time they see someone getting hit, they are thinking, yep that's because of me.  So naturally I had to test my hypothesis.  I hit Phil in front of one, and she did laugh. Some day I'll own my Green bug, re-painted to look like a turtle of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. Saturday was mom's birthday I ran five miles in the morning, then I made cheese balls, watched foot ball, made her cake. Then we dropped a present off at Elisa's, and got pizza.  My new favorite food, just because I've had it a dozen times in the past couple of weeks. Cheap but good. Then we got all dressed up to deliver cheese balls.  I wore my mom's old silk green tie around dress, I love it and have always wanted to wear it somewhere and finally got the chance. We went to the Mcclelans, and talked for a while.  At Kim's I got an awesome sheep book with poems and stories.  Mom bought it, and said she immediately thought of me and had to get it. We went to Staci's and talked for a while, her dad is nice, and brothers. We came home, and went to bed. Christmas I woke up, way too early, so I went back to sleep, I think we opened presents at ten. I didn't ask for anything this Christmas, but I got some shirts, money, a calendar, some gum, and chocolate things. Kim got me some gloves, and huge mug. I'm knitting her a blanket, but I'm not sure when it will be done. 
I realize I have an awful habit of taking a bite out of something, and then leaving it, I took the middle part out of cinnamon roll, and left the rest, and countless bites out of cookies, and sandwiches.  Some day I'll learn to eat all my food. But mostly I just want to taste it, not eat it all. After that, we went to Aunt Mary's house. I've known her longer than I've known my Grandma, and she is going senile. It's hard to see someone who was lucid when you met them slowly fading away. After that we went to Grandma's and Lily was there. We talked and laughed for a while. I would be happy moving to Norway, and being a baker.  We talked about history, and the concentration camps in Norway, and my Great Uncle was sent to one. When Germany invaded they took over schools, and my Grandma learned English, but they also spoke German. Such interesting history. Eric also got me a cool pair of running pants now I am a literal runner. I just need to run with them. We came home, and didn't have Christmas dinner, we opted or rather I opted to make everyone omelets. 
Accept it and love it

No comments:

Post a Comment