Tuesday, December 31, 2013

School

cleaning attire 
This is my last week at the junior high I so loved working at. It is bitter sweet, mostly sweet. I gave this school a good six months of my life, working early mornings and late nights.
To be honest if my boss was managerial material I would probably be working here next year as well. However having to be manager and grunt worker while making the same pay as someone that does half the work, and only making three bucks more than the grunts is not worth it. In the past month this job has made me miserable.
The only thing I complain about is having to work at the school. Complain...I never complain about work, because I have had jobs that I love or at least can stand. But this takes the cake. When I started the junior high, I had my doubts, but then school ended and we started the summer cleaning which I fell in love with. Physical labor, and for the most part I was in charge and ran the show, and was rewarded for it. Then summer came to a close, my best worker had to go back to school and we got a crew of degenerate do nothings. The work became dull, especially because I had to pick up their slack. People found the job hard, or boring, or perhaps didn't fit into their ten hour day of watching TV, so they quit. Which meant I had more work. I had more work and yet my pay never went up. However other people
So here I stand training the newb that will take over my many duties. Good luck high school kid!
Clean library floor

my freshly waxed floor

carpet cleaner


all of the locks broken off of lockers

The dread vacuum 


My wax bucket, I almost cried after waxing my last floor
not affected by the quitters suddenly got a pay raise and I said hold the door shut the gate stop the bus. Told myself I didn't need this job and the stress, with my two other jobs and school, and gave my one month notice. My boss was stupefied, "what you want to quit, but why? You are working twice as hard as me for half the money. Don't you love it?" That might not actually be how it went. But he was surprised that I was leaving at the date I said I would leave when he hired me. In may I had high hopes of the future and said I could work until December at which point I would be graduating and working anywhere else. So when I gave him my one month notice in beginning November he threw a toddler sized fit and thought I was staying until January, silly bosses never listen and this one never learns.
The machine I learned to fix

No comments:

Post a Comment