Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Where I'm at is who I am

Memorial day came and left me with memories. It only lasted 72 hours but it felt like a week or perhaps a month. It was one of the longest weekends of my life and I don't mean that in a bad way. It was nothing like the spring break I spent in the hospital.
I perfected my chainsawing skills, I'm pretty epic. I didn't work on my fishing, but I did get a fish pedicure in a river. More legs than feet really,  but it was cool. We got stuck in the sand and we got lost, we were hot and got woken up prematurely,  and at times it was more like hell than heaven. There are times when I wish I had pictures but I do have my memory.
This memorial day I went to a little town in Arizona for family reunion with Josh's family. And even though the promise of hiking in Zions never came to fruition I still managed to have a good time.  I felt like a lost child following Josh around the whole time.  Large crowds are not my thing, and his family is large, and I was told there were more.
We camped on gravel on the side of the grass and I feel bad for the kids who had tiny sleeping pads.  I am extremely thankful for two inch sleeping pads.  I'm also thankful to Josh's mom for making a shower after swimming in the river possible.
Sunday night we left and spent the rest of the day in St. George.  We napped in a beautiful park, and watched a couple in what could be love fly kites.  We went to Brigham Young's winter home and also the St. George Temple. There are four LDS land marks that I think everyone should go to, no matter your religion. The Logan Temple, the Salt Lake Temple, the St. George Temple, and the San Diego Temple.
It was a fun weekend and I'm glad that his family is welcoming and let me come along. Thank you Reid Family!

1 comment:

  1. They're lucky to have you. And I'm with you—hurray for critical showers and decent sleeping pads, and bah humbug to big crowds.

    ReplyDelete