Thursday, February 28, 2013

Don't do it

Sometimes, very rarely, people decide to argue with me.  And I'm like what are you doing? That's when I forget that they don't know I come from a family of lawyers. I had a very articulate up bringing. When I gave my opinion on something, I had to have an introductory sentence and three supporting arguments, followed up with a conclusion.  I grew up where you couldn't spew off random facts, because then you would have Dred Scott v Sanford or perhaps Brown v Board of Education if you brought up civil rights.  Roe v Wade on abortions, or Texas v Johnson the famous case on your first amendment rights thrown at you.  You would be sitting in left field talking about how you hate police and then Bam! A blow from right field about Miranda V Arizona. At the end of the spiel, you're like "Dude I was just saying how I hate being blamed for hitting a car while I was on my bike, and he ran the stop sign. But thank you for that brief history lesson."  Not every 8 year old can recite the Miranda rights, and why they exist. Your eating a sandwich when it is stolen and your brother goes into an argument about how the Supreme court would rule in his favor. You learn the difference between lies, big lies, bluffing lies, small lies, white lies, perjury, emergency lie, lie by omission, and that's when you finally say "Yes I stole your snickers, but I didn't know it was yours." They follow up with "ignorance doesn't stand up in court."  People do have retorts when trying to win an argument, and I'm like "please fool, I write papers in my sleep.  I will have a ten page typed report on why you are wrong by morning." I will only pick an argument if I know that I am truly without a doubt right. You can enter this argument knowing that I have done my research and will prove to you, with meticulous facts, just how wrong you are. Or in the rare change of events, just to keep the world in a mix up, I'm proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment