Friday, May 25, 2012

Runners High

I'm positive I've had a runners high twice, love it and accept it. If you knew me that would sound crazy because I run everyday. There was one time in Provo after running the River trail I felt on top of the world...for five minutes.  After the five minutes I had a runners crash. During my crash all I want to do is stretch, shower, and sleep. After a good run sleep almost never comes. My legs ache so much that I switch between sleeping with my legs outstretched, curled beneath me, and some sort of laying down Indian crossed leg style. The second time was in Logan after running  an eleven mile canyon run. Once again I was on top of the world didn't want to stop running, and didn't know how to stop. Runners high to me is an elated feeling.  Every muscle in your body may be aching and telling you to stop, but there is a brain muscle block and you just feel the need to run more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment